Interaction of BIM technology on architectural design
[Abstract] The application of BIM in operation and maintenance can generally be understood as the use of BIM technology combined with operation and maintenance management systems to scientifically manage the space and equipment assets of buildings, prevent possible disasters, and reduce operation and maintenance costs. In the specific implementation, the Internet of Things and cloud computing technologies are often combined with BIM models, operation and maintenance systems, and mobile terminals to implement applications such as equipment operation management.
The role and impact of BIM technology on architectural design
1.Integrated space design returns to 3D design
In most cases, whether starting from a plane or from a shape, space is often stripped away from conceptual design.
The CAD + SU method combined with the tight design cycle makes most designers can solve the problem of "accuracy" is painstaking, it is even more difficult to explore and study the space, let alone control the design with the space design method.
Based on BIM thinking, the interior space, outdoor space, building skin, and plane functions of the building can be integrated into an interconnected logical system. When the plane is laid out, the architectural space is already being designed simultaneously, and the space can be intuitively reflected. In the building facade modeling, the final drawing is an expression of a model on different faces. Designers can observe design objects in three dimensions and simulate human viewpoints for spatial consideration.
The building information model provides strong technical support for the method of space design. It makes internal and external compatible space design simple and easy, and allows our design to return to one of the essence of architecture, that is, space.
2.Sustainable design improves efficiency with parametric methods
The "sustainability" mentioned here is not the sustainability of green buildings or ecological buildings, but the "sustainability" of the design process. The use of the parameterization function of BIM software greatly improves the openness of the design results, meets the designer's participation in a variety of predictable parameters, and enhances the objectivity of the design. Collaboration across software platforms based on the BIM concept allows designers to choose the most appropriate software to complete the corresponding work.
3. Expression of design ideas integrate design links to improve quality
Architects, especially those who are more forward-looking, often have to control all aspects of design, functional design, modeling space, up to the renderings, and report text. With the help of BIM's three-dimensional design, the designer can complete the deliberation and modeling of the building's shape by himself, and even the perspective of the rendering can be repeatedly deliberated in the model, reducing the "more" and "less" ambiguity with post-production staff communication. Bring the work that should be done by the architect back into the scope of thinking and improve the ability to control the design.
Furthermore, with the characteristics of BIM model information correlation, it is very easy to adjust, express, and draw plan drawings, reducing repetitive work, and designers can have more time and energy to return to design problems. solve.
4. Problem exposure improves one's comprehensive ability
In addition to the benefits of 3D design, it is "more intuitive", and it also "more directly" exposes the problems that are easily overlooked in traditional 2D design to the designer, "forces" the designer to solve the problem. This is also the key to designers' relatively strong resistance. The designer thinks that many problems that were not needed to be solved now are exposed "nakedly", it will take more time and energy, which is not equal to the generally low design fees. This is indeed a higher requirement for the designer, not only the design ability in the early and late stages of architectural design, but also the ability to coordinate across disciplines. It is more important to understand the impact of model depth on the design and finally make a reasonable Judgment.
5. The biggest advantage integrated design link
The design process involves multiple positions, multiple professions, and multiple types of work. The changes that are repeatedly brought about by adjustments in design are often multi-stage and multi-process. BIM thinking provides a new way of working, that is, the various links are closely linked and adjusted simultaneously Collaborative design approach.
In addition, for large and complex engineering projects, the use of BIM technology for 3D design has obvious advantages and significance. The BIM model is a "rehearsal" of the entire building design, and the modeling process is also a comprehensive "3D proofreading" process. During this process, a large number of problems hidden in the design can be found. These problems often do not involve specifications, but are closely related to professional cooperation, or they are conflicts in space.
6. Difficulties in promotion and application
There are many advantages to designing with BIM. Why are there not many design teams that are actually using it? Some teams even tried it a few times with enthusiasm and finally chose to return to traditional design tools and methods. In my opinion, the main reasons are as follows:
First of all, the standards are not uniform, and a unified delivery standard cannot be formed within the entire industry. The model completed by the design institute can be used in the next full life cycle, so the BIM model cannot be converted into revenue for the design institute. .
Secondly, the general level of the industry is generally low, and most owners have insufficient knowledge of BIM, which makes the design institute lack an external driving force for change.
Third, designers lack a proper understanding of “designing with BIM”. There are still some problems with the software tool itself. Most designers' understanding of BIM is based on the wrong thinking of “drawing planes and forming faces and sections.” In addition, traditional design thinking is used to guide the design process. Generate "too much trouble" and "not easy to use" recognition, and give up trying.
With the rapid development of the Internet of Things technology, the application of BIM technology in the operation and maintenance management phase has also ushered in a new development phase. We believe that the integration of IoT technology and BIM technology and its introduction to the operation and maintenance management stage of the building's entire life cycle will bring huge economic benefits. Realizing BIM operation and maintenance still has a long way to go. ”领取自主学习资料。 For more exciting architectural content, you can pay attention to the Global Online School, or you can click on the " free download " below to receive independent learning materials.
Recommended articles related to BIM
- Modeling accuracy of BIM application technology
- BIM application technology Q & A: What are the specific benefits of design and construction integration?
- Matters needing attention in BIM application technology learning
- Twelve functions of BIM in the construction industry
- BIM Application Technology: Simulation of Construction Organization
- BIM application technology: construction progress simulation
- Interaction of BIM technology on architectural design
- Engineering Project Data Flow "Breaker": BIM Application Technology
- BIM Application Technology and Digital Construction Development
- Practical application of BIM application technology
Bind phone number
In accordance with the requirements of the "People's Republic of China Cyber Security Law" to strengthen the real-name authentication mechanism, and at the same time to provide a more comprehensive experience of product services, please bind your mobile phone number.
This live broadcast is a live lesson for paid students
Please make a reservation after purchasing the course
- Buy and buy on Double Eleven, and also report, the last day of 15 BIM exam registration! !!
- Registration time for the 15th National BIM Skill Level Examination
- BIM | The deadline for the registration of the BIM exam of the 2019 Graphic Society = double eleven countdown = 10 days !!
- What are the application points of BIM | BIM to solve construction problems?
- BIM | The deadline for the registration of the BIM exam of the 2019 Graphic Society = double eleven countdown = 16 days !! !!
- BIM Assessment | BIM Skill Level 3 Assessment Content Table
- BIM assessment | BIM skill secondary assessment content proportion table
- BIM assessment | BIM skill level assessment content table
- BIM Evaluation | BIM Application Designer Skills Level III Evaluation Form
- BIM Q & A | How to understand architecture and architectural language?
- Summary of BIM application technology knowledge points (January 16)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 16)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 15)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 14)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 13)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 10)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 9)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 7)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 6)
- BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 3)
Resolving problems APP download
Free live one-click lessons
Registration and other manual services
BIM Hotspot Ranking
- 01 What are the benefits of BIM system in construction?
- 02Understanding the five major applications of BIM in one minute
- 03 BIM changes the construction industry: how to use the BIM platform to design architectural solutions?
- 04 Dry Goods: Seven Typical Applications of Construction BIM!
- 05 Application Value of BIM in Commercial Operation and Maintenance
- 06 What areas can BIM technology be applied to?
- 07 What is the function of BIM certificate?
- 08Fifteenth National BIM Skill Level Examination Registration Time
- 09 BIM Exam 2020: Daily practice (January 7)
- 10 2018 BIM professional technology `` BIM modeling application technology '' simulation problem 3